TUTORIAL: How to import customers into HubSpot
In addition to importing leads into HubSpot, you can also import customers into HubSpot. Here are a few reasons you may want to do so:
- Send targeted email communications to upsell existing customers
- Send existing customers news and updates on your latest product features or company news
- Manage email communications to all of your contacts all in one place
Importing customers into HubSpot is now easier than ever. All you'll need is a spreadsheet and the instructions for how to import leads into HubSpot.
1. Open the instructions for how to import leads into HubSpot
2. Add "Lifecycle Stage" and "Close Date" columns to your CSV file
In Step #1 of the lead import instructions, you will need to create a spreadsheet of the leads you'd like to import. In this case, you're going to create a spreadsheet of the customers you'd like to import. Technically can import a list of all of your contacts (leads AND customers), but it's recommended that you import them separately so you can segment your contacts based on the actual import file.
In addition to the contact and company detail columns, in your spreadsheet, be sure to fill out all the information you know about these customers. Also add two columns:
- Lifecycle Stage - each row of this column should say customer
- Close Date - each row of this column should have the date in which the customer converted
NOTE: It is important to have all customers' close dates included within the spreadsheet because upon importing, if you do NOT have their close dates, they will all be in Sources as becoming customers in the same month.