TUTORIAL: How to integrate your CRM with HubSpot leads
Who is the document for?
A HubSpot Professional or Enterprise customer that would like to integrate their HubSpot Contact's database with a CRM.
What does the document tell me?
- The general functionality of a CRM integration with HubSpot.
- The most popular CRM integrations with HubSpot.
HubSpot’s Contacts application integrates seamlessly with many of the most widely used types of Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) software, including Salesforce, Dynamics, NetSuite, SugarCRM, Highrise, InfusionSoft, and various home grown systems.
Where to Get StartedIf you are using Salesforce as your CRM, you can read the integration instructions here. (Need help? Call HubSpot Support at 1-888-HUBSPOT ext. 3)
We offer apps in the app marketplace for several other popular CRMs. Click on your CRM to download the app now:
If you have another CRM, or a homegrown CRM, and are unsure how to move forward, just contact your consultant to discuss your integration plan, or hire a HubSpot Certified Partner to do the integration for you
Why You Should Integrate Your CRM With HubSpot
- Salespeople in your organization will be able to access and use HubSpot's contact intelligence on workable leads within your CRM environment, without having to log into HubSpot.
- Marketers in your organization can analyze which marketing campaigns are most effective at generating customers, so that you can measure which campaigns have a positive ROI and which don't. This method of tracing success back to campaign sources is known as "closed loop" marketing analytics, and is unique to HubSpot.
How Does it Work?1. Conversion: Leads convert by filling out a form on your website, which can be either HubSpot landing pages, exported HubSpot forms, or your own forms where the lead data is passed into HubSpot via our Forms or Contacts APIs. You can also import the leads into HubSpot.
2. CRM Transfer: Once the leads are in HubSpot, the leads are then transferred to your CRM system with the contact intelligence that HubSpot provides. The leads will be de-duplicated from those already in your CRM system by its email address.
3. Sales Rep Assignment: Leads will then be routed to the appropriate sales reps on your team based on your lead assignment rules in your CRM system.
4. Closed Won: After your sales team converts the lead to an opportunity and then closes that opportunity, the lead record in HubSpot is marked "Closed Won." This will be represented in HubSpot's analytics as a customer, those "closing the loop" on the initial lead record.
5. Closed-Loop Analytics: The marketing team will then be able to analyze which sources, campaigns, keywords, etc. are the best at driving customers, in addition to traffic and leads.
CRM Integration FeaturesSpecific details about each lead will be transferred from the HubSpot system to the lead and contact records on your CRM system, including:
- All Contact Properties: first name, last name, email, phone numbers, address data, company name, lifecycle stage, any analytics or social media contact properties, or any of your custom properties.
- Lead Source: the source by which the lead initially found the website, such as “organic search” or “twitter”.
- First Visit Date
- First Conversion Event & Date
- Last Conversion Event & Date
- HubSpot Score: Custom scoring can be configured using these instructions.
- Link to contact back in HubSpot: a link to the contact data that individuals within your organization can access without logging in to HubSpot.
How to Work with Your Own Developer to Implement CRM IntegrationIf you have adequate developer resources to implement your CRM integration yourself, you can discuss the details with your consultant before beginning work. You can also visit developers.hubspot.com to get to Contacts API.
How to Work with a HubSpot Partner to Implement CRM IntegrationWorking with a HubSpot partner to implement HubSpot CRM integration is fairly simple and straightforward. Once the details of the integration are agreed upon and work has begun, your integration should be completed in as little as one to two weeks, depending on the complexity of your integration. Once completed, you’ll receive one additional 30-minute consulting and training session, specifically focused on using your new CRM integration. In this session you will learn how the integrated system will work, what the HubSpot lead intelligence ﬁelds represent, and will ensure that your lead assignment rules are working correctly.
Click here to get in touch with a HubSpot Service Marketplace Provider to do the integration for you >
Click here to download a CRM integration app from our App Marketplace >