TUTORIAL: How to set up your social media tools & link your social media accounts to HubSpot
If you have accounts on social media sites already (such as Twitter, Facebook, LikedIn etc.), you should integrate them with HubSpot. Adding your social media accounts to HubSpot allows you to do a few things:
- Automatically share your blog posts on your social pages
- Easily share stories and conversations you find through our Social Media tool on your profiles from within HubSpot, so there's no jumping back and forth
- View your "reach," or overall number of followers, over time in the Social Media Reach report
Here's how to integrate your social media profiles with HubSpot:
1. Navigate to Social Media Settings
Find your Settings.
2. Choose which accounts to connect
You can add six different social media platform accounts on this settings page.
- Twitter - connects to your Twitter profile. You can publish content to your Twitter account and display it on your Follow Me module.
- Facebook - connects to your Facebook profile so that HubSpot can detect which fan pages you're an administrator of. Note: we must connect with your Facebook personal profile first, in order to detect which fan page you're an administrator of. Once you connect with your personal profile, you will be able to connect with your fan page, as shown in step #3. We will not publish anything to your personal profile without you specifically opting in. For more details, click here. You can publish content to your Facebook account and/or pages, and display your account and/or pages on your Follow Me module.
- YouTube - connects to your YouTube account to display on your Follow Me module.
- LinkedIn - connects to your personal LinkedIn account. You can publish content to your personal LinkedIn account and LinkedIn pages using the social media publishing tool, and then you can choose to display your personal profile on your Follow Me module.
- Google+ - connects to your Google+ account to display on your Follow Me module. Enter the full URL of your Google+ profile; include https://plus.google.com/.
- Pinterest - connects to your Pinterest board to display on your Follow Me module.
- RSS Feed - links to the RSS feed, which gives a simple way to read the blog content
3. Add a social account
For this example, let's add a Facebook account. Select Add Account next to the Facebook section.
A lightbox will appear to explain details of connecting a Facebook account. Once you read through and approve of the process, select Authorize on Facebook.
You will be brought to Facebook. To allow the connection between HubSpot and Facebook, select Allow.
You will now be brought back to your Social Media Settings, and your Facebook page, in addition to all of your company pages, will be linked.
Once your account is connected, you have the option to select the types of connections you want between HubSpot and your pages. To enable these actions, simply check off the action under each profile. For example, you might not want HubSpot to interact with your personal Facebook page, but you do for your business page. In that case, uncheck all items under your personal page, and check all items under your business page.
- Follow Me module - You can insert a Follow Me module into HubSpot pages and embed it on non-HubSpot pages. It includes icons for your different social network pages so those who view your pages can select and be linked right to them.
- Reach - By selecting Reach, the selected account will then be charted over time based on the followers.
- Blog Auto-publisher - By selecting this option, a link to your blog will be published via this account each time you take a new post live. (Note - If you're still waiting for your site to be migrated, wait until after the migration is completed to turn this on; otherwise you might accidentally auto-publish tests posts by HubSpot's migration team!)
4. Customize Follow Me module
As you connect social accounts and select for them to be included in the Follow Me module, you will see a live preview at the bottom. While you can easily add Follow Me modules via the HubSpot CMS, you also have the option to embed them on a page that isn't hosted by the HubSpot CMS. Select use this code to view the code.