TUTORIAL: How to track your organic traffic using the Sources report
Date Published: 07/07/2011
Author: Diana Urban
As you optimize webpages and blog entries for long-tail keywords you'll start to see an increase in organic traffic. Use HubSpot's Sources tool to track your progress.
1. Go to the Sources ReportStart at your Sources report.
2. Select a Date RangeAbove the Sources graph, you can select a time range that you're interested in analyzing. Select "1m" to see how you've been trending for the last one month.
3. Filter by Organic SearchTo the right of the Sources graph, you can see the color legend for different sources your traffic is coming from. Click on Organic Search.
Scroll down to the chart below the graph that lists keywords. This chart shows you which keywords people have been searching for in the search engines to reach your site.
4. See Keywords You're Getting Traffic For
5. See How You're Trending for Specific KeywordsIn the Sources report, you can see how you're trending over time for each keyword you're generating traffic for. Just click on a keyword in the table, and you'll see the stats for that specific keyword.
Click Show all Keywords below the graph to return to the full list view.