TUTORIAL: How to track social media traffic using the Sources Report
1. Go to the Sources report
2. Select a date range
Above the Sources graph, you can select a time range that you're interested in analyzing. Select This month to date to see how you've been trending for the last one month.
4. Compare performance of all social media channels
Scroll down below the graph to see the data for each social media site bringing you traffic, contacts and customers.
5. Drill down into your marketing campaigns
By selecting a social site, you can see how your campaigns are performing. Select Facebook for this example. You can then see the breakdown of all of your campaigns and how they're performing individually. This gives you the ability to track which of the campaigns on social media are driving the best visitors, leads, and customers to your site.
6. Create a plan based on observations
- If you see that a particular social media site is sending you quality traffic and leads, you should focus your attention on participating more on that site.
- Look at individual campaigns and see what you're doing right.
- Ask yourself what it is about that site or your actions on it that could be responsible for your success there.
- If you can, replicate what you’re doing there on other social media sites!