TUTORIAL: Create a custom publishing schedule in your HubSpot social media application
Creating a custom publishing schedule in your HubSpot social media application helps you easily schedule your messages for the times that your network best reacts to and that you are available to respond to any follow-up. This guide will teach you how to use HubSpot's social media tool to research the optimal times to schedule your messages and how to set up your custom publishing schedule to use those times.
If you are just getting started with using the HubSpot social media tool, we recommend that you stick to the default suggested scheduling times in the application that have been carefully selected based on research from HubSpot's Dan Zarrella on the most effective times to post. After a few weeks of data around clicks and social media message interactions, it will be easy for you to follow this guide to set up a custom publishing schedule.
1. Go to your Social Media dashboard
2. Filter by published messages across all channels
3. Sort the messages by Clicks
4. Record the time of day that your messages were published on
5. Browse for the messages with the most interactions
6. Find Edit Publishing Schedule
7. Create a custom publishing using the times you wrote down
Enter one of the times that you have had success with in the past.
Select which days of the week you want this time of the day to apply to. Once you're done, select Add Time.
You will then see the designated times and dates show up on the chart. You can delete a time by click on the X next to the time.
8. Verify your Time Zone Settings
Now when you compose new social media messages, adding in additional times will pull in times from your custom publishing schedule.