TUTORIAL: How to use the HubSpot CMS (Content Management System)
What is this Exercise For?In this exercise, you will learn how to create a page within the HubSpot CMS. But that won't be the end of your learning! At the end of this exercise, you'll see a series of links that will take you to pages where you can learn how to do specific things within the CMS, such as modifying the page layout or adding a photo slideshow.
So let's get started! Please note that in this exercise, the page we have you create will not be visible to the outside world, so you can feel free to play around and experiment with your new website page.
1. Go to Your Website Pages ManagerYou can find the Website Pages manager under Page Manager.
2. Add a New Website PageAt the top of the screen, click the Add new page button.
3. Edit the Page PropertiesThe first thing you'll do is edit the page properties. You'll learn more about how to effectively search engine optimize each of your website pages later, so don't worry about this now. Just remember to uncheck Viewable by public so you can make edits without the outside world being able to see this page. Also make sure Show in Menu is unchecked so that this page does not appear in your site's top navigation. Then click Save Changes at the bottom of the page.
4. Go to Your New WebpageScroll to the top of the page and click View Page.
Your new page is currently blank, so let's add a new content module. Click on the orange Add Module button that's right above the big blank section of the page.
5. Add a Content Module
In the popup that appears next, click Content.
To edit the header of your content module, simple click on the [Click to edit the title] text. Enter the text you want, and then click anywhere in the whitespace of your page to save your new header.
6. Edit the Header of your Content Module
To edit the content of the content module, click on the Edit button on that module.
7. Edit the Content of your Content Module
8. Learn the Functions of the Content Editor ToolbarHere is a complete guide to each of the buttons you see within your content module toolbar:
9. Reorder Modules on Your PageYou can move the modules around on your page; this is very useful when organizing the content in your sidebars. First, click Reorder Modules which you'll find near the top of your page.
A reorder modules popup will appear. To reorder a particular module, click on that module and drag it to the pane and location within that pane where you would like that module to appear. Then click Save Changes.
Learn how to do more with the HubSpot CMS:Adding Content:
- How to add new pages
- How to do text editing
- How to create lists
- How to add images
- How to create a link
- How to link to a document
- How to add a form
- How to change page layouts
- How to rearrange modules
- How to edit page properties
- How to edit menus & top navigation
- How to modify your template
- How to change your font size